Housing & Family Support Programs
To provide temporary supported accommodation and case management support to people who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. We also provide centre based support to assist people with referrals, support and information. This program is funded by the Department of Housing and Public Works.
- To prevent the cycle of homelessness continuing
- To provide crisis accommodation and support services to families who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness
- To work in partnership with the family on the resolution of the immediate crisis and assist them to move towards sustainable housing
- To empower families to take responsibility and control of their own decision making
- To develop and maintain linkages with other community agencies and government bodies and so further support clients
- To provide a service which is professional and accountable.
Families may be referred to Silky Oaks by self-referral, community agencies, hospitals and government departments. The accommodation is located in the Wynnum, Manly and Redlands areas.
What accommodation is available?
We have a number of houses in the Wynnum/Manly/Redlands area and are also able to refer clients to housing providers in the greater Brisbane area.
What services do we provide?
- Information, support/referral at the time of the initial inquiry
- Support for families accommodated with Silky Oaks including the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in parenting, budgeting, life skills, cooking and household routines etc
- Individual case plans to address the family’s short/long term goals in relation to their housing needs
- Support groups to reduce social isolation and provide information and education
- Information about and referral to relevant government or community agencies.
How long can the client stay?
We are classified as crisis accommodation and so are able to house people for up to 13 weeks.
How to make a referral to this service?
For enquiries about accommodation, please contact the Family Care and Support Team. Phone: (07) 3906 8888.